- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- Egg Mixture
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Breading Mixture
- 1 cup Cap’n Crunch® Original
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 320 Calories, 7g Total Fat, 1.5g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 170mg Cholesterol, 440mg Sodium, 25g Total Carbohydrate, 0g Dietary Fiber, 6g Total Sugar, 6g Added Sugars, 39g Protein, 0% DV Vitamin D, 2% DV Calcium, 20% DV Iron, 10% DV Potassium
- 1. Start by trimming off any extra fat or skin on the chicken breast tenders and set aside.
- 2. In one bowl mix together all the egg mixture ingredients until combined and set aside.
- 3. Crush up the cereal in a plastic bag or a food processor until it is about the same size crumbs as the panko bread crumbs. Combine the cereal crumbs with the remaining breading mixture ingredients in a pie dish or something similar in size.
- 4. Use one hand to dip the chicken into the egg mixture, gently shake any excess off, and place it into the breading mixture. Use your other hand to sprinkle breading over the chicken and press it in to make sure it sticks well, Flip the chicken over and sprinkle more of the breading mixture and press it in to make sure both sides are fully covered. Using a hand for wet ingredients and a hand for dry will insure that the breading mixture doesn’t clump up and make this even messier.
- 5. Once the chicken is fully coated, place it on a plate or baking sheet and continue until all the chicken has been breaded.
- 6. Once the chicken has been breaded, spray the inside of the air fryer basket with nonstick spray or oil and place the chicken in an even layer. Lightly spray again and cook for 8-10 minutes at 400ºF, until the breading is golden brown and the internal temperature of the chicken is 165ºF.
- 7. Repeat the cooking with any remaining chicken tenders and serve right away.