Prev RecipeNext Recipe
- 1 ⅓ Cups Milk, warm
- 1 Packet Instant Yeast
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Butter or Shortening, softened
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Cups All-Purpose Flour, approximately
- 2 Teaspoons Oil or Baking Spray
- Vegetable or Canola Oil for Frying
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 2 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Milk or Water
- ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Corn Syrup
- 1 Box Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch®
- Peanut Butter
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 400 Calories, 19g Total Fat, 4g Saturated Fat, 25mg Cholesterol, 130mg Sodium, 53g Total Carbohydrate, 2g Dietary Fiber, 25g Total Sugar, 23g Added Sugars, 6g Protein, 2% DV Vitamin D, 3% DV Calcium, 16% DV Iron, 3% DV Potassium
- 1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm milk, instant yeast and sugar. Stir gently, and let stand for approximately 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- 2. Add the butter or shortening, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix to combine.
- 3. Using the dough hook attachment, turn the mixer on low speed and slowly add in the flour.
- 4. Turn the speed up to medium, and knead until all of the flour is incorporated, and the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. If needed, add in ¼ cup of additional flour at a time until the dough is only slightly sticky.
- 5. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in size, approximately 1-2 hours.
- 6. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll and cut the donuts out using a donut cutter or ring molds.
- 7. Pre-heat oil to 350°F in a fryer or large heavy skillet. Carefully add the donuts, and fry until both sides are golden brown, flipping halfway through.
- 8. Carefully remove from the oil and drain on a layer of paper towels to cool.
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 1. Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- 1. In a small microwaveable bowl, heat peanut butter for 10-second intervals, until it is a runny consistency.
- 2. Dip the donuts into the chocolate glaze.
- 3. Place onto a baking rack on top of a cooking tray to allow the excess glaze to drip off, then drizzle with the peanut butter.
- 4. Add Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch® pieces and enjoy!